Title: Field Engineer
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Location: Panama City, Florida
The Field Engineer position must be able to create field drawings on geo-spatial or nodular maps. The Field Engineer needs to have the ability to locate the closest Tie point (Amp or Tap) for the installation to occur in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Applicant needs to have a vast understanding of permitting procedures; which includes Pole allocation, engineering routing, lengths and depths of bores and trenches, cross-streets, and edge of pavements.
Field Engineer also is required to be able to complete Metro-E’s as well, and properly route construction from the tie-point to the place of business to where the fiber optic allocation is being routed. Completing this portion of the position will require all the knowledge utilized as creating the area Engineering file.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED SKILLS
- 2 years + experience in Field Engineering and Metro-E processes.
- Ability to manage time and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a clear understanding how to use Google Earth, Power-point, and
- other Microsoft Office programs.
- Can communicate issues clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to adapt and adhere to specifications of different engineered locations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fiber Optic design.
- Must be able to travel to different locations at any given time.
Title: Fiber Design Coordinator
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Fiber Design Coordinator position will consist of leading our design team in all aspects of fiber design from a city-wide design perspective. This includes, but is not limited to; core, fronthaul, backhaul fiber assignments & allocation, and Matrix design & Quality Control of the design teams’ matrices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead our design team on the creation and maintenance of Fiber designs for multiple projects around the country.
Maintain working relationships with our client’s engineers to understand the necessary design, and problem solve design issues as the arise.
Coordinate and track the processing of design packages with teams and managers.
Clearly communicate design statuses and associated timelines with our internal teams, and external clients.
Must be available to travel to various locations for client meetings regarding design specifications.
The Fiber Design Coordinator must be able to prioritize tasks per the company’s needs.
Efficient time management skills and effective documentation processes are a key component to success; this includes maintaining a well organized physical and virtual work station.
Must be punctual in daily start times, conference calls and meeting attendance.
Must be self-driven with minimal to no supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- GIS (Esrie, Arcmap)
- OSP/ISP Design
- Construction and Engineering Management
- Network Engineering and Support, Fiber Design and Implementation
- Design Quality Control and Management